Mainly concerning wargames and wargaming. Also other stuff such as books, boardgames and films.

Oh yes and my general ramblings as well!

Thursday 17 November 2011

Black West Too - Old West Rules

For some time now I have been looking for a set of rules to go with my figures.
Most of the rules use card systems either normal playing card or specifically made cards with pictures of the relevant figure on.
I wanted a set of rules with neither of these!

Eventual found some on the Internet, not to sure where though!
Have tried to find the original author but with no luck.  I wanted his approval to correct minor errors, clarify some parts and add to the rules.  If you read this Arthur Hannan please leave me a comment.

Have play tested a couple of times.  A simple to run, fun game, with lots of laughs and surprises, especially where snake oil is involved!

Anyway here they are, have a go.

CLICK to go to rules

3 comments:

  1. Hey. i just found this blog by accident. i am arthur hannan. i have recently revamped some of the more minor errors and wordings of things in the 2012 edition :) i AM so glad you like them as i dont get a lot of feedback. i would love to discuss them further with you.

    Kind Regards
    Arthur Hannan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I havn't replied sooner. I you want to email me my email is on my profile page. Have you read through the updated version? Did you want me to remove or change anything?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey bud, Arthur here again, a little older, a little wiser and the head of a fledging games company. We just stard rewriting a rule set i released that did well a few years ago and i think i'm going to officiaqte Black West (maybe change the name...and a lot of other bits hehe). I would really like to message about getting you on board. I'm contacting relevant parties for each rule set and i've always recalled your praise on this. I wrote the set over a number of years when i was a young teen, and now my interest knowledg and intentions regarding the industry, rule writing and in this cae, the old west are exponentially matured. Send us a contact form entry on the site (wickedwargames.weebly.com) if you're game. THere'd be pay in it for ya, and lots of good time for sure. Probably a fair bit of writig and playtesting and your favor of the system and interest (even if it's old and outdated interest) make you a fore runner for this. Hope to speak soon. Arthur

    ReplyDelete